It’s vital to work through important details BEFORE your crowdfunding campaign goes live and you launch your new project. It can be easy to think that all you need to do is setup your project page, click publish and you can sit back to watch the pledges roll in. However, this just isn’t the case… Thinking through, planning and preparing all aspects of your crowdfunding campaign in advance ensures that your launch (and your project) goes as smoothly and successfully as possible – and that your project is the best it can be before you unveil it to the world!
Here’s an on-going collection I’ve been making of useful project checklists to use when preparing your crowdfunding campaigns & projects. If you find any other crowdfunding checklists, please leave a link in the comments or tweet me at @RachelDobbs1 & I’ll add them to the post.
Pre-Launch Crowdfunding Checklists
Campaign Checklist – download selected pages here
- Page 7 from the IndieGoGo Campaigner Field Guide, Jan 2015 – original file available here
Social Media Checklist – download selected pages here
- Page 13 from the IndieGoGo Campaigner Field Guide, Jan 2015 – original file available here
Building Buzz – download selected pages here
- Page 9 from the IndieGoGo Campaigner Field Guide, Jan 2015 – original file available here
Getting Local Press To Write About Your Fundraiser
- Generosity.com Media Awareness Plan, Oct 2015 – original file available here
Your Campaign Email Strategy
- IndieGoGo, May 2015 – original file available here
Preparing Your Campaign For Launch – download here
- IndieGoGo, March 2016 – original file available here
Have I missed something? Do you have a great crowdfunding resource that I should include here too? Or examples of great projects I should list as examples? Let me know in the comments below, or tweet me @RachelDobbs1 and I’ll include it in a future post!!
Rachel Dobbs is one half of LOW PROFILE, an artist and educator based in Plymouth, UK. Rachel works on a range of arts and education projects, has a long-term interest in creative approaches to community development and runs workshops, teaching & training sessions for a range of formal & informal groups including students, arts practitioners and communities – contact me for more details.