Alongside my arts practice, I work as an educator in a variety of formal and informal settings.
I am actively engaged in research into radical pedagogy and experimental methodology in teaching.
As an arts professional and educator, I believe arts education provides a much needed space for the development of ideas, communication skills, critical thinking, self-awareness, discourse and experimentation. I am committed to a holistic approach, where students are encouraged to develop sustainable practices and strategies for survival that take into account geo-socio-political concerns.
With over 8 years specialist focus on teaching at HE level, I also have a variety of experience gained in formal and informal educational settings (including BTEC, FD, BA, MA and community/arts outreach education).
- MA Contemporary Art Practice and Dissemination (AHRC funded, distinction) – Dartington College of Art / University College Falmouth, 2008 – 2010
- PCGE Post 16 Education – Rolle College, Exmouth / University of Plymouth, 2003 – 2004
- BA (hons) Fine Art Contextual Practice (first class) – Exeter School of Art & Design, University of Plymouth, 2000 – 2003
Postgraduate Participant on International Programmes:
- Universität der Künste (UdK), Berlin, DE (2009-10)
- L’animal a l’esquena, Celrà, Catalunya, ES (2008-10)
- Piet Zwart Institute, Rotterdam, NL (2003-05)