I have over 10 years experience in developing and delivering artist-led activity in Plymouth. As a keen advocate for DIY arts practice in the South West, I am regularly invited to speak at public events and involved in consultancy with a range of organisations.
See also: my posts on DIY Culture
- Co-founder of a range of DIY arts projects – PL:ay (2007), DXDX Studios (2010), Come To Ours (2011), Jamboree (2015 & on-going)
- Independent Project Manager, Programmer & Curator (freelance) – Jamboree 2018 (forthcoming); Picture In The Paper (2014-2015); Come to Ours (2010-2011); PL:ay Festival (2006-2007). Specialist areas in marketing, social media, budget preparation & management.
- Author of ACE G4A Cheatsheet – an open access tool to assist with Arts Council England – Grants For The Arts applications, with national circulation via significant social media engagement & feature articles on a-n, 8k+ views & 2.5k downloads (2016) – see: ACE G4A Cheatsheet
- Visual Arts Plymouth Coordinator – overseeing delivery & co-design of VAP’s Horizon Talent Development Programme (Arts Council England – Ambition For Excellence project), organisational development for VAP & evaluation of current activities (2017/2018)
- Regularly invited speaker as an advocate for DIY arts practice – including B+B’s ArtSchool, AIR Open Dialogue, PAC’s Control Point, Alias Hub events, Board Member for PAC Home, Residence (Bristol)
- Symposium organiser – Developing & coordinating Art/ists in Unusual Places symposium (funded by Plymouth College of Art) (2008)